How do I set Bing as my default search engine? MSN always comes up.
I am running Windows 7 Home Prem
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Hi totus, for some reason your Firefox identified itself as version 37. The way that search options are set has changed a lot since then, so to make sure the reply is relevant, could you double-check that?
The current release of Firefox is either:
- Regular release: 55.0.3
- Extended Support Release: 52.3.0esr
Your version should be shown on the Troubleshooting Information page. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- (menu bar) Help > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter/Return
In the first table on the page, what version is listed?
If something is holding you back from upgrading to Firefox 52 ESR or Firefox 55, please let us know so we can suggest solutions or workarounds. Version 37 is not secure; Mozilla discloses security flaws after each new release.
Sometimes Firefox reports the wrong version because that information was saved in a preferences file. If the Troubleshooting Information page shows you have a current version, you may need to clear out that incorrect information. See: How to reset the default user agent on Firefox.