Can't enable unsigned add-ons even with Nightly Tester Tools
I recently updated from Firefox 47 to 54, on Windows 7. I have a few add-ons that I have used for years. Sure enough, they were all disabled after the update, because of "security" risks that they allegedly pose. There is no option to enable them in the about:addons:Extensions page.
According to some sources, it is possible to enable such unsigned add-ons by installing the Nightly Tester Tools extension, and enabling "Force Addon Compatibility." However, I have installed the Nightly Tester Tools and enabled that option, and there is still no option to enable the add-ons in question in the about:addons:Extensions page.
The add-ons are extremely useful, are irreplaceable, and cannot be reinstalled because the original installation sources are no longer available. It is most unfortunate that Mozilla, the bastion of the free and open internet, makes me fight for my ability to use MY add-ons that I AM 100% POSITIVE are safe to use. How can I enable these? Thanks very much for any help.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
When the extensions are present in the extensions folder in your current profile folder then you can back them up to have a copy in case you need to reinstall them. You would have to install Firefox 52.2.0 ESR to be able to use unsigned extensions. In this ESR version you still have support for xpinstall.signatures.required and this pref needs to be false in order to use unsigned extensions.