I want mac to go to Mozilla Firefox Start Page when I open a new tab
When I want to open a new tab I want to go to the same page as when I open Firefox. As of now when I open a new tab it goes to:http://search.searchlf.com/?uid=b724d289-c55f-4764-be28-e6e1f314c332&uc=20170205&ap=appfocus5&source=googledisplay&page=newtab&implementation_id=email_4.0.12 This just happened recently
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- Unity Web Player version 4.3.5f1. (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
hello, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by adware on your system.
- to stay secure you should also update to a current version of firefox as soon as possible, since firefox 47 that you appear to be using currently has a couple of known vulnerabilities: Update Firefox to the latest release
- afterwards go to the firefox menu ≡ > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc).
- run a full scan of your system with security tools like malwarebytes anti-malware , which are specialised in adware and browser hijackers.