Why when using the Private window, does it show the last site visited after I type in only the first letter of that site? I thought it was not suppose to rememb
It should read "Why does it show the last site visited after I type in only the first letter of that site"? I thought that the Private window did not remember any of the previoulsly visited sites.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.18
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.66.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Windstream Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
I downloaded the Places Maintenance link and that did not help. I have no idea what you are talking about in the nest sentence
Hi Bob, cor-el's other suggestion is to remove the existing places.sqlite database file, and certain temporary files Firefox uses (but which are usually removed when you exit Firefox and let it finish its shutdown cleanup). The full steps are:
Open Your Current Profile folder in Windows Explorer
Open the Troubleshooting Information page using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Troubleshooting Information
- Help menu > Troubleshooting Information
- type or paste about:support in the address bar and press Enter
In the first table, click the "Show Folder" button. Firefox will launch your current profile folder in Windows Explorer.
Leaving that folder open, switch back to Firefox, and Exit using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "power" button
- (menu bar) File > Exit
When Firefox closes, the profile folder should be front and center, or you can activate it using the Task bar. Allow 30 seconds to ensure Firefox is fully unloaded and done updating files.
Remove The Places Database
In your current profile folder that you just popped open, refresh the display (F5) and then scroll down and find these files:
- places.sqlite - right-click > Rename to places.old "just in case"
- places.sqlite-shm - delete this if you see it
- places.sqlite-wal - delete this if you see it
Firefox should build a new places.sqlite database and import your last bookmark backup. Success?