Bookmarks restore doesn't work/can't bookmark
So a few weeks ago I finally upgraded to 49 something. Bookmarks worked normally after the upgrade. But yesterday my computer froze and I had to reboot. Bookmarks and history suddenly missing, can't create bookmarks. Found Restore, can see a list of backup bookmark files with dates and file size, but get message "unable to process backup file." Browsed for possible solutions. Ascertained that I only have the one profile. Downloaded 50.0, installed, rebooted. Still nothing. I did not install any new add-ons as far as I know. Not doing any syncing. (By the way, I view my bookmarks as a sidebar.)
What to try next?
Dell laptop, Vista.
Okulungisiwe ngu cfcf
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
Separate security Issue: Update your Flash Player Note: Windows users should download the active_x for Internet Explorer. and the plugin for Plugin-based browsers (like Firefox).
Note: Windows 8 and Windows 10 have built-in flash players and Adobe will cause a conflict. Install the plugin only. Not the active_x.
Flash Player Version: 18.104.22.168 Flash Player (Linux) Version 11.2. 202.643
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ Direct link scans current system and browser Note: Other software is offered in the download.
https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ Step 1: Select Operating System Step 2: Select A Version (Firefox, Win IE . . . .) Note: Other software is offered in the download.
See if there are updates for your graphics drivers https://support.mozilla.org/kb/upgrade-graphics-drivers-use-hardware-acceleration
Thanks for the reply.
1) Unfortunately there is not an Old Firefox folder on my desktop. Only Firefox icons. There's a new one there since I installed 50. I moved the previous one (49) to the bar on my desktop (my operating system is Vista). Is there someplace else I should be looking for Old Firefox?
2) I refuse to use Internet Exploder, so I hope I can skip anything related to that.
3) I try to avoid updating Flash, and I had it disabled (before updating Firefox) so it would only run when I said yes. So many times Flash wants to do things I don't want or need and am not expecting. Could this be causing a problem since I updated Firefox? Is there something I should be doing, keeping in mind that my operating system is Vista?
4) I do not know anything about graphics drivers. Wouldn't this have updated when I installed 49 and 50?
Firefox is a web browser only. Most everything else would be from plugins.
Old flash versions can have issues and may be blocked for safety or security reasons.
There is one good use for Win IE. That's to download Firefox.
Firefox during a refresh places the Old Firefox only on the desktop.
Type about:profiles<enter> in the address bar. How many profiles are listed?