when I download it doesn't ask me where I want to save even though I have that under settings
When I download something it goes straight to download folder and then it automatically opens the file once it is done downloading. I want to be able to chose where its saved, so I went to options and picked that setting, but it still does not ask me where I want to save. I recently got the new firefox version and that's when it started giving me this issue, before a window would pop up asking if I wanted to open or save and save where, now it does not.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.20.20039
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Google Update
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Vidyo Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
You can manually select the folder it shall save the downloads in, if you click "browse" button next to download folder in the settings.
But I need it to ask me each time something downloads. I dont want all my downloads going to the same place And somethings I just want to open and not save it anywhere.
You selected "ask me every time" setting?
Yes and it still does not ask me, it downloads automatically, saves on the download folder and opens the file automatically once its done downloadong
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!