How to prevent Firefox from loading Adobe plugins in about:config?
I have two adobe reader installations both of which include a plugin for Firefox in their directories deep within Program Files (x86). After a search I found that to disable Firefox from loading these plugins I need to edit plugin.scan.Acrobat preference in about:config. Hence, I changed it to 100. However, both plugins were still available even after I relaunched the browser. I tried other values like 100.0, 100.0.0, 22.214.171.124 with no success. Ultimately, I'd like to only load one of the plugins with the higher version but first I need for the preference setting to work.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.16.20045
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.101.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
The plugins in question are Adobe Acrobat 126.96.36.199 Adobe Acrobat 15.16.20045.57024
Okulungisiwe ngu alexander_a_g