Im looking a way to turn a tab INTO a popup window
Im looking for a way to take a tab turn it into a popup window.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.0.1f2
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
As a Firefox user:
You can "tear off" a tab in two ways:
- click on the tab and drag downwards, and Firefox should move it to a new window
- right-click the tab and choose Move to New Window
However, if you are tearing the tab off from a maximized window, the new window also will be maximized rather than a resizable window that would be more like a pop-up.
As a website:
You can bypass the normal setting of diverting a new window to a new tab by specifying features of the window, for example, by setting a size. This demo page has examples: https://jeffersonscher.com/res/popit.html
Firefox does have a hidden preference users can change in about:config (browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction) to override the "features" exception and force even those windows into a new tab.
This could be why more sites are using in-page overlays rather than pop-ups, to ensure that dialogs appear in a useful manner.