How do I get rid of Brand Thunder? It keeps appearing when I open a new tab
Every time I open a new tab page in Firefox 47.0b1 (beta channel), I get this Brand Thunder page (see attached screen shot) that I did not ask for. Every thing that I have tried doesn't work & it is solutions from 3 (three) years ago :( I need some help, please or new solution that works.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- AT&T Plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealTimes Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
hi, this will likely be caused by adware on your device, so please perform all the following steps:
- refresh firefox (this will keep your bookmarks and passwords)
- afterwards go to the firefox menu ≡ > addons > extensions and in case there are still extensions listed there, disable them.
- finally run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes and adwcleaner to make sure that adware isn't present in other places of your system as well.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
What Extensions do you have installed as it could be one or more of them doing this.