Need to prevent automatic updates on 5oo+ computers.
I work for a company with over 5oo computers all working in Firefox. Firefox wants to update all of the time, or at least it asks if we’d like to update. However we need our version of Firefox to not update on its own, and furthermore we need the pop-ups to quit asking if we want to update. I know that I can go into the settings on my browser and select “Never check for updates”, which I’m assuming would prevent the automatic updates and the pop-up asking me if I want to update. What I need to know is is there a way I can login to all 500+ computers all remotely, all at once, and preferably through a server, in order to change the setting in all browsers? I should mention that only four employees have administrator login privileges to change settings and run programs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
You would probably be best using Firefox ESR, and right now that is transitioning between Fx38 Fx45 and probably is a good time to switch channels without getting profile complications. There is documentation and a specific mailing list for ESR issues and discussions
- Extended Support Release (ESR) https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/
There are methods of customising and locking Firefox. See also
- And the free addon CCK2 https://mike.kaply.com/cck2/
P.S. It is even possible to setup your own update server
Okulungisiwe ngu John99