Send to Kindle add-on no longer works with latest Firefox
This is the third or fourth time that a new version of Firefox has caused this add-on to work. I had to reinstall an earlier version of Firefox. I'm getting ready to try Safari since the Send-to-Kindle app is very important to me. I really wish you would check these things before sending updates. This has happened with several previous updates.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.10.20056
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking HTML Component
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.73.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Some extension developers really stay on top of Firefox changes and proactively address them, while others ignore Firefox changes until they hear from enough users. I suspect Amazon is in that latter camp, and you may want to pressure them to update it here: email@example.com.
Two reviewers suggested this one as an alternative, it uses the FiveFilters Push to Kindle service (I haven't tried it myself):
By the way, Safari for Windows was discontinued a couple years ago and probably has some serious unpatched security problems. Also, I don't think there is a Send to Kindle add-on for Safari. But there is one for Google Chrome.
Amazon has some updates for Kindle recently so that may have had an impact also.
The Firefox browser is not made compatible with the hundreds of Extensions out there whether hosted at addons.mozilla.org or elsewhere but the other way as it is the Extension author that keeps it working.
Okulungisiwe ngu James