Firefox crashes wants to send report to microsoft
I've experienced several problems recently, following a Kaspersky Anti-virus update to version 184.108.40.2064(e) . Apparently after the my dial-up internet connection drops, Firefox freezes, and freezes everything else. Before the connection drops everything runs fine for several hours.
If I get control back - i.e. if the browser finally closes - it wants to send a report to Microsoft - even though I wasn't running I.E. I guess its a Windows thing.
I haven't been prompted by FF to send a crash report in all this time, but crash it has. Per a FF help, I checked about:crashes and nothing is listed since January, before all this bizarre stuff started happening.
I sent the report to Microsoft since they asked. This is what was in it.
szAppName: firefox.exe szAppVer: 44025884 szModName: hungapp szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset:00000000
If I don't get control back from the hanging FF, and choose to force a restart, I notice error messages before shut down.
The latest were -.net-broadcast
followed by A.case no.3 ....
I have no idea what these mean.
I also had an event 2 days ago with a hot link in an email booting IE while FF was running. That had never happened before. target of hotlink: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Bloomfield+NJ+07003 where it ended up: window titled: Address not valid - Windows Internet Explorer and the url: res://ieframe.dll/syntax.htm# I hope someone can shed some light on these experiences. Thanks
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:44.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/44.0
It might be the Windows, not Firefox was trying to send those reports. Firefox should not be calling Microsoft.
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.