Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
When I start Firefox, a dialogue box appears and says:
Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.
I have tried to uninstall and re-install, to no avail.
All Replies (2)
You need to locate the profiles.ini file and delete this file or use the Profile Manager to create a new profile.
This issue is caused by a problem with the profiles.ini file or with permissions/ownership of involved folders/files.
You can use one of these to make Firefox create a new default profile or recover an existing profile:
- Delete the profiles.ini file to make Firefox create a new (default) profile
- Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile
If you still have an existing profile then click "Choose Folder" in the Profile Manager and browse to the location of a lost profile to recover this profile
You should find the profiles.ini file in this hidden location:
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\
- Mac: *~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
- Linux: *~/.mozilla/firefox/
If clearing the profiles.ini file isn't working then also check the location of the cache files.
- Windows: *C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\
- Mac: *~/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/
You can also try to rename/delete the Mozilla\Firefox\ folder in both above mentioned locations (main, cache).