Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

My Thunderbird 38.6.0 cannot send messages but it can receive

  • 3 uphendule
  • 3 zinale nkinga
  • 411 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu christ1

more options

An unusual thing has happened yesterday (5 March 2016) to me after sending several short messages, each to 2 or 3 recipients. Each message contained an URL (http://www.money.pl/500zl/warszawa/), which belongs to a trusted Polish company. Probably, because of the phrase "money.pl" contained in the message body, Google/Gmail rejected all my messages. Then, I tried to resend all of the messages. The outcome was the same. Finally, I modified each message by removing the URL from the message body and then I sent my modified messages to all intended recipients successfully. However, after that, when I wanted to send some other messages to several people (including myself), all the messages were not sent and Google/Gmail displayed the following error message: "An Outgoing server (SMTP) error occurred while sending mail. The server responded: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. v140sm1406383Ifd.24 - gsmtp."

I have never before seen such an error message on my (the same) computer and am totally surprised how come the above situation occurred.

I contacted my local ISP and he confirmed that there was nothing to be blamed on him. He suggested that I write to Google support but, as you know, this is not straightforward and easy. However, I did submit the description of my brand-new problem in an online form available at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22839?hl=en. Nothing, so far, has changed and no response from Google has been received (I provided my two e-mail addresses).

Can anybody experienced enough clarify this unusual irritating problem and suggest how to restore the normalcy to my Gmail free private account. Because of the above-described mishap, I had to use Windows Live Mail and my Yahoo! account to retain the continuity of my replying and sending new messages using my local e-mail client (Thunderbird 38.6.0) that connects to my Gmail account. I'm now even not allowed to send e-mails directly from my online Gmail account. I would also welcome a solid explanation as to what actually happened yesterday to my Gmail account and why. I wish to reiterate: nothing like this has ever before happened to my Gmail account. FYI, I use a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OEM with all latest updates to both the O/S and numerous protection applications installed.

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

This is a limit imposed by Google. You'll need to talk to them. There should be a Google support article about this also.

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 2

All Replies (3)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

This is a limit imposed by Google. You'll need to talk to them. There should be a Google support article about this also.

more options

I use Thunderbird and I got the message after my address book was hacked. I was also hacked about a week ago but no email quota stuff and cleaned everything with Malwarebytes and Panda. I'm assuming the hack is related to the quota issue and will try another cleaning. This time I have changed my google password.

Still have not seen a simple solution anywhere.

"An Outgoing server (SMTP) error occurred while sending mail. The server responded: 5.4.5 Daily user sending quota exceeded. z67sm13273627oiz.20 - gsmtp."

more options

unclebilliam,

please start a new topic for your question. https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new