43.0.4 ate my bookmarks and killed the menu so I can't restore them
locking this thread as duplicate, please continue at /questions/1104008
I got a prompt to update Firefox, so I updated. Now I can't see any of my bookmarks. Furthermore, the "open menu" icon doesn't do anything at all
Okulungisiwe ngu philipp
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- Google Update
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0-rc
- Winamp Application Detector
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?