Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
open new tab to homepage
How can I open a new tab to my specific homepage only in Firefox 43.0.4.? I prefer this option to either the multi-window view of recently visited websites, or to the blank page.
Thanks for instructions on how to open a new tab to my specific homepage only in Firefox 43.0.4.
All Replies (2)
This extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/ - will do that for you.
The browser.newtab.url pref is no longer supported in Firefox (41+), so it is no longer possible to set the new tab page via this pref.
You can look at this extension to set the new tab page:
- New Tab Override: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-override/
You can set the new tab URL via the Options/Preferences of the extension on the about:addons page.
You can look at this extension if you use the home page as the new tab page.
- New Tab Homepage: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/new-tab-homepage/
Classic Theme Restorer includes this feature as well. In current CTR versions (1.3.9+) you find "New tab page url" in the Tabs (1) section.
You can use pages like these:
- the default new tab page with the tiles is about:newtab
- the default home page is about:home
- for a blank page use about:blank
- for Super Start use about:superstart
- use the URL of a web page
See the about:about page for available about pages.