Firefox fails at start
Crash ID: bp-e9ad1637-6e6c-48a1-a410-c80e52151210
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.106 Safari/537.36
hi, thanks but this crash id seems to be related to a crash of the silverlight plugin and may not give a good indication about current issues with firefox crashing during startup.
Please perform the following steps to try and give us a couple more crash report IDs, that might help us find out more about the cause of the crash at startup.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Product Firefox Version 42.0 Build ID 20151029151421 Release Channel release OS Windows NT OS Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Process Type plugin Silverlight Plug-In Version: 5.1.30514.0
Update Microsoft Silverlight
https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx Silverlight 5 (5.1.40728.0)