I keep downloading 42.0 and installing it but it is still on version 37.0.1 and still prompts me to update over and over. What can I do??
Im using OX El Capitan 10.11.1 and have downloaded and installed Firefox version 42.0 a few times and restarted but it doesn't seem to ever update from 32.0.1.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 15.009.20069
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1.7
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 42.0: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data like bookmarks is stored in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose personal data when you uninstall and (re)install or update Firefox, but make sure NOT to remove personal data when you uninstall Firefox as that will remove all Firefox profile folders and you lose your personal data.