All of a sudden I can no longer buy anything on Walmart.com.
"...an error has occured while adding an item to the cart"
If you're getting the same results, you'll need to get in touch with Walmart so they can help you out better.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 0
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- Content Blocker Extension
- Google Update
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Online Banking Extension
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealTimes Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- Virtual Keyboard
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Have you tried to shop on Walmart with another browser? Does it work it? If it does, you may tr the following to see if it helps.
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Click the menu button , choose History, and then "Clear Recent History...".
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the "Clear Now" button.
Further information can be found in the Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Followed your instructions but still get "error has occured while adding a item to the cart."
You didn't tell whether you tested this in another browser..
Sorry, I'm an old man. Just tried with Chrome, same results. Can't get in to the cart.
If you're getting the same results, you'll need to get in touch with Walmart so they can help you out better.
Use this link to check that your plugins are up-to-date. If any are listed as unknown or research, do not worry about them.
Separate Issue; Your System Details shows;
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.16
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. You must remove the older programs. Then get the current full installer.
Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Adobe Reader Version 2015.009.20069 Note: McAfee Security is offered in the download.
Will follow up with Walmart.
This plugin stuff is beyond me.
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that are blocked.
- check the permissions on the about:permissions page and in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Working with Walmart IT now. Think it's there problem.
Please keep us posted.
Did you try to clear the Walmart cookies?
Are you using any content or cookie blocking extensions?
Cleared cached web content and deleted all items in Walmart,USA, "Show Cookies". Still can not add items to Walmart, USA "CART". Can add items to Carts in Target, Best Buy, etc.
Can we do anything else?
Does it work in a Private Browsing mode window?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
If clearing cookies didn't help then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies got corrupted.
- Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and if present delete cookies.sqlite-shm and cookies.sqlite-wal in the Firefox profile folder in case cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Don't know if I'm using content or cookie blocking extensions, sorry.
Deleted "cookies.sqlite". "cookies.sqlite-shm" and "cookies.sqlite-wal" not present.
Can you post your extensions list?
Working with Walmart IT now. Think it's there problem.
What happened after that? Did they place the blame on the browser or did they admit the site is having problems?
I do not know what an extensions list is, or where it is, but if U lead me to it I will send it to U.
I can open the CART, just can not put anything in it.
Walmart IT has not gotten back to me, however they will PROBABLY blame U.
Never mind them, let's solve the problem.
Thank U for supporting me.
Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter. Under the main banner, press the button; Copy Text To Clipboard.. Then in the reply box at the bottom of this page, do a right click in the box and select Paste. This will show us your system details. No Personal Information Is Collected.
STOP EVERYTHING ~ WALMART IT found error ~ it was not U, repeat not U.
The problem was a bogus ZIP code in the shipping Box/miniWindow, eventho I was not shipping any item.
Sorry to cause U all the time and effort that Walmart IT should have resolved 2 days ago, had they emailed or called me as I was told they would.
Thanks again and Merry Christmas.