I have lost my saved passwords after firefox sync with firefox for iOS
After installation of Firefox for iOS I synced it with my default account firstname.lastname@example.org and the correct password. After the sync the bookmarks are synced correctly over all devices and all my stored credentials are gone. I need my credentials restored otherwise I will never be able to access a lot of web pages.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.9.20069
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- VMware Client Support Plug-in
- VMware Remote Console Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Did you clear your private data right after syncing?
If so, 'Clear Private Data' clears all of your private data, including saved passwords. If you're syncing passwords, and you delete them all, the deletions will propagate to other devices.
No, I did not clear my private data. It was the initial sync process of my Firefox on the iPhone. Please restore my data from 13.11.2015 06:00 UTC or before.
Some questions for you:
Where are your stored credentials gone? On the iOS device or on your Windows device?
What did you do to determine that?
Did you upgrade Firefox on your desktop recently?
Is there a file named "logins.json" in your profile directory?
From a technical perspective (I built the Sync client for iOS): Firefox for iOS never sends remote wipe commands, and the only way it can mark a password record as deleted is via Clear Private Data.
My credentials are gone on all my systems (iOS, Windows, Linux) after setting up Firefox Sync on my iOS. On my desktops my firefoxes were updated when then lastest update came out. There is such a file but it has the present time stamp.
Did you sign out of Sync and back in again on the iOS device at any point?
Did you save any logins on the iOS device before setting up Sync?
Do you see any entries in Saved Logins on your desktops?
Thanks for your patience.
By the way, I'm tracking your report here:
If you're available to investigate, your time would be appreciated.