firefox built in message box
I noticed this message box this morning. It appears to be some Firefox message as It had no relation to the website I was on at the time. "Bring your bookmarks & passwords with you....etc" Q1- What is it officially called? Q2- How do I permanently Block this Rubbish? I don't care what new and improved ways Firefox whats to screw up my browsing experience, all I want is a simple browser without ads, blinking, flashing, scrolling garbage, and I certainly DON'T want useless messages!!!! Thanks Fred
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Gecko Media Player 1.0.8Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
You are seeing a message from Mozilla, just informing you of our new browser on iOS, and the one we've had on Android for some time. This is a way to inform people who might have a smartphone, but didn't know they could also have Firefox on that smartphone, that this option is available. I'm sorry this message ended up being useless for you, but it hopefully provides useful information for many more users. Feel free to close the message, and you won't have to see it again.
To add to Tyler's response.
- Firefox will not show you this message more than once.
- If you don't want any messages in your browser and don't want to be randomly surveyed about your experience then you can disable Heartbeat (the tool that launches these prompts) by following these instructions under the "Opting out" section.
- The reason this message was displayed incorrectly is because your Firefox install is out of date! You might want to update by following these instructions.
Thanks and apologies for any inconvenience
Okulungisiwe ngu Noah_SUMO