Why can't I make ixquick.com my homepage in Win XP, only "search.jzip.com" will load as homepage.
Tried every procedure to change my homepage. Not on this computer that I am on now (Dell Studio 1737 laptop), but an older dell desktop machine. Running Win XP (sorry) on the old machine. Ran all Norton 360 scans to no avail. Running new Firefox 41.0.2 reloaded on the Win XP desktop. Click on Firefox, get these three other windows on screen 1-"credit process w/token not located", 2-"cannot find GeniusBox\client.exe" and 3-A black screen in new window and says"c\win\sys32\svchost.exe". If I wait 30 second, can close all these windows. Click on FGirefox icon, it comes up on screen with these three new screens, I get rid of them, and the home page is "search.jzip.com". There is no "jzip" anywhere on the machine, there is no GeniusBox on the machine, and I have tried every explanation of how to change my homepage in Firefox. I can make a second tab that will go to "https://www.Ixquick.com" and it will work fine when I click on it, but I cannot get rid of the real Firefox homepage on tab 1 on Firefox when I clip on the Firefox icon of that "search.jzip.com" that shows as my homepage. Thanks for any help.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!