buttons to change password exceptions not working
I need to remove a password from a site. The button to change password exceptions does not work for me. No of the buttons will in the security section will let me click on them. I have reloaded the page and nothing. They stay gray.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
I'm not sure why those buttons are not working for you. Sometimes add-ons can affect the new "in tab" Options page.
If you want to remove a login for a particular site, usually you would use the Saved Passwords button rather than the Exceptions button. But it sounds as though neither of those are working.
Do you want to try a different page, the Permissions Manager? Type or paste about:permissions in the address bar and press Enter to load it. In the left column, a list of sites should start loading. This takes a while, since the page pulls any site for which you have cookies, preferences, or passwords.
You can type part of the name of the site you want to edit in the search box at the top of that left column, then click the site in the list. On the right side, you should find a "Manage Passwords" button to clear any existing passwords, and a control to block Firefox from saving passwords for the site if you don't want to be asked again.
Does that page still work?
The Password recovery page does not work. I have no way to access my primary email account. Is there an alternate method to recover a password or create a new password?