Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How can I tell Firefox to show ONLY the auto routes, NOT the air routes?
Most of the time I only want to see car routes, almost NEVER the air routes. However, Firefox has started showing the air routes in addition. Thoe often obscure details that I want to see. How can I see only the auto routes?
All Replies (11)
Did you check the settings page of that website in case they have such a page?
Try to clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
No such setting in Google Maps!
Click the icon for how you want to travel.
How do I show those icons? Please note that I am using Mac OS X, NOT Windows!
Look for the three dots.
No three dots there! Screenshot attached
Actually, could you show a screenshot of the bar above the directions, if the directions are the problem? Or give a link to the page with the directions (it will be a very long link usually).
Here's the screen shot I sent earlier.
Oh I see. (Screenshot attached) I'm but I'm not sure how to hide the air routes. A preference somewhere? Hmm...
This is annoying. As far as I can tell, once "london to rome" is converted ti directions, I need to click the plane, wait for that to be processed and displayed, and then click the car, and wait for that to be processed and displayed, to only get car routes.
I see from Google's forums that this has come up there before:
- You can click the car icon before entering the start and end points, and then Google knows you only want car routes: hide flight results from google maps - Google Product Forums
- Another workaround is to bookmark a custom URL that specifies auto routes and use that when you need a map: how do i eliminate flight results from google directions - Google Product Forums.
- This thread from March 2014 suggests sending Google feedback. No idea whether that will do any good at this point: Get rid of the FLY option? - Google Product Forums.