No matter what I do, I can't set it so my tabs restore from the last session. I tried everything. Please help.
I went through all the help files, did everything recommended. All I get is my home tab. This is a new problem, can't find a way to fix it.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- DIRECTV Player Plugin
- Foxit PhantomPDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Octoshape embedded video plugin
- Plug-in for Workspace utilities
- PDFlite Browser Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Plug-in for Workspace Webmail
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
You may have corrupt sessionstore file(s).
Type about:support in the address bar and press enter.
Under the page logo on the left side you will see Application Basics. Under this find Profile Folder. To it’s right press the button Show Folder. This will open your file browser to the current Firefox profile. Now Close Firefox.
Locate the sessionstore file(s). Then rename or delete it. Restart Firefox.
I followed the instructions. Then I opened three tabs. Closed Firefox. Reopened it. I had only my home page tab. The problem is not resolved.
Type about:support in the address bar and press Enter. Under the main banner, press the button; Copy Text To Clipboard.. Then in the reply box at the bottom of this page, do a right click in the box and select Paste. This will show us your system details. No Personal Information Is Collected.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes".
- do not clear the Browsing History
You may also want to exclude the cookies.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Are the files in the
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problem.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer files from a previously used profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over problems.
None of the above worked ... and now I have two new problems which are worse than the original problem. 1) I have white type instead of black on the menu, top left of the window (see screen shot Firefox white menu) and white type on the tabs (see screen shot Firefox white menu 2). I've spent the last hour trying to get rid of the white type, and nothing I do works. 2) I now have a black box in the upper right corner and I can't see to minimize/maximize Firefox, or close the window (see screen shot Firefox black box). How can I get rid of the white type and the black box so I can read my window? Also ... when I go to close Firefox I ALWAYS get a message asking me if I want to close all tabs. I don't want to close all tabs, I just want to close Firefox. I have two choices, close tabs or cancel. In the past, when I clicked to close Firefox, Firefox closed. Now I always get this message. If I choose cancel, I can't close Firefox. If I choose close tabs, I lose my tabs and when I reopen I only get one tab. See screenshot Firefox close tabs. Please help ... as bad as losing my tabs is ... the white type and black box are worse. Please help me get rid of them. Thank you in advance.
Are you using a lightweight theme (Persona) or did you ever used one?
You can check for problems with preferences.
Delete possible user.js and numbered prefs-##.js files and rename (or delete) the prefs.js file to reset all prefs to the default value including prefs set via user.js and prefs that are no longer supported in the current Firefox release.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Did you try a new test profile?