I have another user account on Win8.1 and I have bookmarks that I would like to import to my main user account. How would I perform that task?
I have two user accounts and both have Mozilla. Each has different bookmarks.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0
Firefox has two features for transferring bookmarks:
- Backup/Restore - this format is a little more comprehensive, for example, it includes tags; however, the restore is destructive: it completely replaces any bookmarks in the receiving Firefox.
- Export/Import - this format is very cross-browser compatible; when you import, everything is in a subfolder (e.g., Imported Bookmarks) on the menu or in Unsorted Bookmarks, and you then manually organize the bookmarks to their final destinations.
These support articles have the steps:
- Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer
- Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks
- Import Bookmarks from an HTML file
To backup/export between Windows user profiles, to bypass permissions issues, you may want to create a neutral or shared location on the system, or use removable media such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Or you might be able to create a folder in the root of the C drive for such things. Or share it through SkyDrive.