Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Refreshed firefox and now all passwords gone,not saving new passwords and sync is not working; its giving error every time I open firefox
I by mistake refreshed Firefox, it created a profile folder on my desktop and opened as a fresh copy. I realized my mistake and copy pasted the profile folder in Firefox profile folder in program files. I restarted my Firefox it was working fine. Next day when I opened my Firefox I found that all the passwords are gone, so I logged in to sync and it was not working. It was giving sync error every time. I uninstalled Firefox and tried to reinstall. When the installation was done, I started it and it was in the same condition where I left it, means as it was before uninstallation, having all the bookmarks and add-ons. I created a new Firefox sync account and for that also it gives the same sync error. So now i want help regarding the following questions- 1. How to get all the passwords back? 2. How to resolve the sync error? 3. How to uninstall Firefox completely and install a fresh copy of it?
All Replies (1)
- How to get all the passwords back?
Do you still have a copy of the profile folder on the desktop? The passwords file in that folder will be the back up. Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
- How to resolve the sync error?
Logout at accounts.firefox.com from the profile that is giving the error. Then log back in. This will create a new login file and will request a new authentication token. (If this does not resolve the error, I will provide steps below how to gather error logs)
- How to uninstall Firefox completely and install a fresh copy of it?
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove your Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. This process does not remove your Firefox profile data (such as bookmarks and passwords), since that information is stored in a different location.
To do a clean reinstall of Firefox, please follow these steps: Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!