Firefox crashes with plugin stop working and Some unknow addons get added to my browser
I am using Fire Fox latest version and my browser crashes sporadically with plugin container stopped working and some unknown addons gets added to my system. I usually just remove them, but is happening more frequently now. The last unknown addons were "RespEactSeale" and "Steam Trade Helper". Some times it also removes my Adblock plus addon from the browser.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Discovered Hidden Add-on On Firefox. How To Check Yours https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/support-forum-contributors/711335
You may have ad / mal-ware. Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.
- see if there are updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337 See also:
You can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer. Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
What were the results of the Malware scans? Was there a difference in performance or any malware found?