Can't set Firefox to auto update
The option to allow automatic updates is grayed and I can't choose.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- DataVault Bar
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- LastPass Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
hello, please try to refresh firefox and see if this can address the issue...
I tried that, it didn't work.
I notice you have some Citrix plugins (next to your question, Question Details > More System Details). Is the Firefox that has this problem on your system or in a virtual machine somewhere managed by an IT department? The following advice relates to a local install of Firefox only.
Could you take a look at the update setting in a different view:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste update and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Then check the app.update.enabled preference. Assuming it is set to false, does double-clicking it switch it back to true? Does the "status" column indicate "locked"?
If the preference shows locked and it wouldn't violate any company policy, you could try this:
We use this name, but it's not about removing your settings, it's about making sure the program files are clean (no inconsistent, corrupted, or alien code files). As described below, this process does not disturb your existing settings. Do NOT uninstall Firefox, that's not needed.
(1) Download a fresh installer for Firefox 39.0 from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ to a convenient location. (Scroll down to your preferred language.)
(2) Exit out of Firefox (if applicable).
(3) Rename the program folder, either:
(64-bit Windows folder names)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
C:\Program Files (x86)\OldFirefox
(32-bit Windows folder names)
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
(4) Run the installer you downloaded in #1. It should automatically connect to your existing settings.
Any improvement after this reinstall?
Note: Some plugins may exist only in that OldFirefox folder. If something essential is missing, look in these folders: