Why is AdBlock suddenly not working? How has Ask become my default search engine no matter what I do?
Suddenly this afternoon I get horrible video ads on my Firefox screen. I reloaded AdBlock and they're still there. Also and equally out of the blue, Ask has become my default search engine and remains so, no matter how many times I have selected Google and deleted Ask. I have been a loyal Firefox user for many years but I do not want ads and I do not want Ask!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
Nobody wants Ask. ;-)
But let's continue with your other question here: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1073581