Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwavalwa lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

SEARCH does not work.

more options

Input in the Firefox location bar responds like entering address and starts no search. Input in the search bar gives no respond. At Firefox-Options-Search there are no setting options. I tried the following proposed by "mozilla support" without any result: Safe Mode, Turn off hardware acceleration, Add-ons disabling, Reset Firefox.

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

hi, this is likely happening because something on your system has overwritten all the default search providers in firefox. in order to recover please download and reinstall firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ on top of your existing version.

since this is a behaviour often caused by adware on a system, please also run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes and adwcleaner.

Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 1

All Replies (3)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

hi, this is likely happening because something on your system has overwritten all the default search providers in firefox. in order to recover please download and reinstall firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/ on top of your existing version.

since this is a behaviour often caused by adware on a system, please also run a full scan of your system with different security tools like the free version of malwarebytes and adwcleaner.

Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware

more options

Run most or all of the listed malware scanners. Each works differently. If one program misses something, another may pick it up.

more options

I had this problem and solved itby uninstalling the add on SearchLoadOptions{0.8.0.1-signed} which was apparently causing the problem. Once I removed this add-on, the problem went away.