X
Thinta lapha ukuze uye kuveshini yamakhalekhukhwini kusayithi.
Scheduled maintenance: Thursday, April 2, between 3pm and 5pm UTC. This site will have limited functionality while we undergo maintenance to improve your experience. If an article doesn’t solve your issue and you want to ask a question, we have our support community waiting to help you at @firefox on Twitter

Isithangami Sabeseki

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

why is the Google Search page displaying partially in Arabic or similar language with symbols

Kuphostiwe

Works fine in Chrome.

Works fine in Chrome.

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

JSCHER2000, thanks for your help. I tried the old "hl=en" trick. It didn't work. Preferences were ok.

I ended up going to https://accounts.google.com (not as easy to find on phone as it could be) and just signed in with email and password. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. For good measure, I verified settings for language as English. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. All is right in firefox google world!

-t2bp

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 0

Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo

Isisebenziso

  • I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:39.0) Gecko/39.0 Firefox/39.0

Eminye Imininingwane

jscher2000
  • Top 10 Contributor
8952 izisombululo 73365 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

Impendulo Ewusizo

Is this on the Google home page or on a search results page? On a results page, you may find a human language parameter in the page's address, commonly hl=en for English. Do you notice anything odd about that parameter, if it's there?

Is this on the Google home page or on a search results page? On a results page, you may find a human language parameter in the page's address, commonly hl=en for English. Do you notice anything odd about that parameter, if it's there?

Umnikazi wombuzo

Good question & idea. I'm seeing the Arabic on both Google search pages with and without results. Menu items seem to be in Arabic, while most results appear in English. Sample addresses text: https://www.google.com/search?q=arabic+on+Google+search+page&btnG=&oe=utf-8

Good question & idea. I'm seeing the Arabic on both Google search pages with and without results. Menu items seem to be in Arabic, while most results appear in English. Sample addresses text: https://www.google.com/search?q=arabic+on+Google+search+page&btnG=&oe=utf-8
jscher2000
  • Top 10 Contributor
8952 izisombululo 73365 izimpendulo
Kuphostiwe

Does it make any difference if you add the hl=en to the end of that link?

https://www.google.com/search?q=arabic+on+Google+search+page&btnG=&oe=utf-8&hl=en

You also could check whether your preferences somehow got changed:

https://www.google.com/preferences#languages

Does it make any difference if you add the hl=en to the end of that link? https://www.google.com/search?q=arabic+on+Google+search+page&btnG=&oe=utf-8&hl=en You also could check whether your preferences somehow got changed: https://www.google.com/preferences#languages

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

JSCHER2000, thanks for your help. I tried the old "hl=en" trick. It didn't work. Preferences were ok.

I ended up going to https://accounts.google.com (not as easy to find on phone as it could be) and just signed in with email and password. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. For good measure, I verified settings for language as English. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. All is right in firefox google world!

-t2bp

JSCHER2000, thanks for your help. I tried the old "hl=en" trick. It didn't work. Preferences were ok. I ended up going to https://accounts.google.com (not as easy to find on phone as it could be) and just signed in with email and password. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. For good measure, I verified settings for language as English. That reset whatever strangeness that displayed the Arabic. All is right in firefox google world! -t2bp

Okulungisiwe ngu trine2bpatient