Why does Firefox turn my video when it plays? It does not happen in other browsers.
I have a situation where I am trying to play a video in portrait mode and it does well in Safari, IE, & Chrome. When I try to play it in Firefox it turns it landscape mode.
This works for people who like to lay their heads on their desks, but not for the rest of us.
the video is located at: http://www.dearsuccessseeker.com/WOP_Meeting_050715/WOP_050715_Video.mp4
Thanks in Advance
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_3_0_0_0
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Version 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
It looks like this video was created like that. If you want to save it, you will need a video editor to correct it.
Why does it turn the other way in other browsers? Is there a setting in Firefox that I can tell it to turn?
Some players have that option. Firefox uses players for clips.
IMO, Firefox only offers partial support for MP4 video and uses the Open H264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc 1.4.
I can view that video, and besides it "laying on its side" it only runs 25 seconds before jumping to the end of the clip. I only have that Codec plugin installed, the Cisco "Primetime module", and Flash installed as plugins - nothing else, and it wasn't using Flash.
If I use the VLC plugin in Firefox or the VLC standalone player then it plays in portrait mode, but still stops after 25 seconds, so it looks that there is something wrong with this file.