Word wrap no longer works in text boxes.
I see others noting this problem beginning in March 2015, but no solutions.
Just updated to 39.0, still the problem.
No word wrap within a text posting box on a website, instead the sentence just continues scrolling horizontally.
Apparently Firefox began doing this with 36.0.1.
Was hoping it would be fixed in the newest version, but no.
A search found this post with an illustration of the problem, in case anything is unclear:
How could this not have been fixed between March and July?
How do I get word wrap within a text box?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
The textbox calculates a max width. It wraps for me on this site.
There are some creative css available that changes this:
See also: -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
Current releases (36+) support the white-space property for a text area and it is possible that the website uses white-space: pre instead of white-space: pre-wrap. The former will prevent Firefox from wrapping the text.
You can check that in the Inspector via the right-click context menu.
The white-space property is now working on <textarea> HTML elements (bug 82711).
- [/questions/1050456] Word wrap problems in 36.0