Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
My bookmarks toolbar disappeared and I can't get it back; the pull-down menu claims it is still turned on.
My bookmarks toolbar disappeared when I entered fullscreen mode and it never reappeared. I've checked and unchecked the option to make the toolbar visible under "view," to zero effect. What gives?
All Replies (4)
Make sure that toolbars like the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars
- View > Toolbars
Tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu Bar
- Right-click empty toolbar area
Open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize
- check that "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the Customize palette into the Customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button to restore the default toolbar setup
I've already tried all those things and they didn't help. Any other ideas?
I found I had to exit Full Screen Mode to get my recently disappeared toolbars back. See this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/what-happened-to-the-file-edit-and-view-menus
This may have been caused by the Rel. 39 update that Mozilla pushed out on Thursday, which was automatically applied to my system. I check my Advanced Options. Update was set to "Automatically install updates". I always try to have this set to "Check for updates, but let me choose". Mozilla has overridden this before and changed my preference. If that's what happened here I am really irked.
You did verify that you are no longer in full screen mode (Mac: Command+Shift+F).?
Try to rename (or delete) the xulstore.json file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the current Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)