why does firefox keep crashing even when I install the updates it wants every other day?
Why does firefox keep crashing? It happens on a regular basis. Considering that it wants me to update every other day, I would assume that you were fixing these problems.
It has gotten as bad as when windows decides to change my setting about windows update, and just automatically installs and restarts my computer without my permission, causing me to lose major amounts of data.
Currently looking for a new browser -- will NEVER install Chrome, and IE sucks. I'm not left with much. So far Firefox has been the least of the evils out there, but I just lost a ton of stuff I had been working on. Time to try something new. We'll see if this actually goes out before it crashes again.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.