Downloads (e.g., for applications) come through as binary files.
Sometimes, but not always, I will download something from the Internet. It might be an .exe or a .dmg or a media file. Instead of coming through in a usable format, though, it will arrive as a binary file.
Today, there was a warning about a Skype "bug" that caused crashes. The recommendation was to immediately download a new version of Skype. This .dmg came through in binary - I had to use Safari in order to download the new version of Skype.
I'm unable to find a setting to cure the problem, so I'm hoping you can help me out. Thanks in advance!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- CIG Download
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Stamps.com Plug-in 1.1.13 (NPAPI, Mac OS X)
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Please first make sure that all of your plugins and extensions are up to date. Then make sure that there are no firewalls or antivirus that might be affecting your downloads.