Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I seem to have lost the trail of history - what can I do to reinstall it?
One fine day I was being clever and deleted the history from the right hand bars sign: now it never shows any history and I can not recall how to undo my deed. Thanks.
All Replies (4)
Have you checked under: Tools > Option > Privacy if the "Remember my browsing and download history" box is checked? This does however isn't/can't be checked if you're in "Privacy browsing mode".
Okulungisiwe ngu Bobby R.
You may have removed the button(s) from the Navigation Toolbar by accident.
If you right-click a toolbar item in normal (non-customize) mode then you can remove this item from the toolbar.
- "Remove from Toolbar" will remove this item from the Navigation Toolbar and moves it to the Customize palette ("3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize)
- "Move to Menu" will move this item to the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list
- "Move to Toolbar" in the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down list will move this item to the toolbar
Open the Customize window and set which toolbar items to display.
- "3-bar" Firefox menu button > Customize
- if missing items are in the Customize palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- if you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the Customize palette then click the Restore Defaults button to restore the default toolbar setup
Thanks to those who have tried to help - I am still in a mess. The History place in menu bar now just saves Tabs and I do not know how to delete them. I am using a Mac OS and the Tools bar at the top does not have "options". I can not continue for the moment my eyes are falling out I have been serching for hours. I do appreciate your assistance and kind efforts.
If you do not keep history then you can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Never remember history).
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"