Error is "sec_error_unknown_issuer", regardless of deleting either cert8.db, or cert_override.txt, resetting FF, or anything, I can't ADD Exception, Works in IE
I get this from the server that runs the WatchGuard SPAM Filter, and I USED to be able to add an exception, and it was fine.
Under "Technical Details" I get:
"An error occurred during a connection to sp-servername.domain.local:4119.
Peer's Certificate issuer is not recognized.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)"
Clicking the "Add Exception" Button does NOTHING...
I can take the URL, copy/paste it into IE, and it works fine... It's happening on multiple systems... All Windows 7 All FF Version 37.0.1
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Creative Cloud Desktop Plugin.v_2_0_0_0
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Rich Internet Application Support - Plugin
- Version 22.214.171.12403
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.5.1f3
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
The unknown issuer error is due to the certificate not being recognizable.
What version was the last time that you could do this? There was a change in 36-37 to the CA certificate policy:
The official issuer list: