Firefox 31.6.0 ESR version not allowing upload of files (404 error)
I am using Firefox ESR version for my organization. I am not able to upload files to a web based COTS product. I had no issues in ESR v 24.1.1. Is there a setting that I can use or something I'm missing? I have seen that this was an issue in the home use version, but not sure if it will be fixed in the ESR version.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.65.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- eRoom Mozilla Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- This plugin queries the client computer for name, AD domain, MAC address, IP address, ConfigMgr Site Code and ConfigMgr Unique Identifier
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.11) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.11
Are you using Firefox 31 ESR? Your user agent says you are still using Firefox 10
This is for an isolated factory environment. I installed ESR 31.6.0 today to check if it had been fixed and I'm still seeing the error.
Ah ok. Can you post a bit more detailed description of the issue? 404's are usually a server configuration error, not a web browser issue. Can you confirm in a fresh testing profile?
Is there security software installed on those computers that could be blocking Firefox?
So, in same environment on another machine (same GPOs applied) I have 24.1.1 ESR. No issues with uploading files.
A bit more (novice) explanation: To configure my security tools that use a web gui, I need to upload config files. When I click "upload" in any given tool, I get the 404 error. If I go to the 24.1.1 version, I get the gui to browse for the file and upload it.
Does that help a bit?