Spellchecker problem (/questions/967628)
after the deadlinedoes not checki my spelling it used to work fine
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Google Update
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
You have asked this question before. Here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/967628.
On Mozilla Support, this is not allowed. Please be mindful!
I have signed up for the first time this evening how the hell could i have asked the question before. The link you gave to view the alleged question had nothing to do with the question i asked.To make matters worse someone answered my question and i can not view it. lately mozlia.has cased me many problems flash crashes every ten minutes add ons dont work. I am finding chrome is far more stable which is a pity
Hello, You have asked this question before. Here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/967628. On Mozilla Support, this is not allowed. Please be mindful!
That thread was from August 2013 and has long since been archived locked. So it is not a duplicate. It was also started by somebody else ;)
Okulungisiwe ngu James
ov784, only the en-US and maybe a couple other locals come with a dictionary due to licensing reasons so you may need to install a dictionary.
Do you have a dictionary installed and selected?
You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages submenu. At least one dictionary should be installed and have a check mark to indicate that it is selected.
- Open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
- Make sure that [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu is check-marked.
You can enable or disable spell checking globally:
- Tools > Options > Advanced : General: Browsing: "Check my spelling as I type"
You can look here for dictionaries:
Type about:config<Enter> in the address bar. If a warning screen comes up, press the Be Careful button. This is where Firefox finds information it needs to run. At the top of the screen is a search bar. Type: layout.spellcheckDefault Its values are; 0 Spell Checker Off, 1 Check Only Multi-Line Input Boxes. 2 Check Multi And Single Line Input Boxes.
Also, check the spellchecker.dictionary entry.