Sync will not start up when I click on it - I get a new tab but no contents even after several minutes
had updated firefox while still connected to sync. once the update finished, I attempted to confirm sync activity but was unable to see the sync page. uninstalled and reinstalled using a new clean copy of firefox but no change. I have confirmed that I have access to the sync process through another pc and direct web page connection. am continuing to troubleshoot by checking system with Malwarebytes and avast AV.
can you suggest any remedies?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Since there is a working pc syncing there might be two things:
- Firefox Sync troubleshooting and tips Do you have any settings that may be blocking storage?
I had looked through that section thoroughly before posting the question. Any other section of firefox apps can be opened and viewed without issue. Only when I try to access sync, the browser opens a tab and stays blank. I've gone so far as to uninstall, manually clear any and all entries in the registry and reinstall the most recent version of the beta. Still no change.
Any other suggestions?
Troubleshooting the connection to Firefox Sync:
- Open up accounts.firefox.com
- Open up the Tools> Web Developer Web Console
- Copy any errors or massages here
This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate; it's recommended you use certificates with signature algorithms that use hash functions stronger than SHA-1.[Learn More]
That is not possible and I think we found the issue. I attached a screenshot of the cert details for my logged in sync account. It uses SHA-2.
Maybe try to disconnect the account, Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles\, and try to start a new login session to accounts.firefox.org
I surfed to accounts.firefox.com (.org only indicated server not found) and signed out. I attempted to sign into sync. I still get the blank screen. This still hinders me from signing in or out of sync. Going into options and selecting the sync tab has the options window perpetually attempting to determine the account status. This is on an i5 desktop. My t60 laptop is able to sync up without an issue.
Belay that last post. Deleting and creating a new profile seems to have cleared up the issue. Sorry. I started to type before my brains actually got into gear.
Thanks for the assist.