Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How to remove social media bar?
Please help,I never use the social media bar. I don't understand twitter, never use facebook, don't have g+, pinterest or instagram account. How do I make it GO AWAY! It doesn't have the small arrow to close, and it's not even transparent, just annoying.
A step by step for dummies would be greatly appreciated.
All Replies (4)
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- Click the menu button and choose Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
If it shows up again, you might have malware on your PC:
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- Anti-Rootkit Utility - TDSSKiller
- AdwCleaner (for more info, see this alternate AdwCleaner download page)
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
,I never use the social media bar
Many web pages have this displayed. It is not ad / mal-ware, it's the site.
Thank you both! It was actually the site! The other answer was actually really well explained, but it wasn't my case.
The site is annoying because I cannot read properly, but it is actually just ONE site. So thanks for the help and answers, but it isn't actually fixable.
There may be a way to do this, but you have to know what you are doing. What is the web address, and what is it you don't want displayed?