How to access installed Add-ons like OneTab?
I have installed OneTab to my Firefox am unsure how it works as I can't find the icon/button/shortcut to access it. It is showing as 'Enabled' in the Extensions list.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Hi, if you can't see the OneTab icon, please open the 3-bar menu, click Customize, and drag the icon - which may be in Additional Tools and Features, to a place of you choice on a toolbar, or it may already be in the menu > Exit Customize to save.
Also have a look at its Options in the Extensions.
Hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the reply. In 'Additional Tools and Features' it shows without an icon (Check the attached screenshot). Besides, I am unable to drag and drop this to the top bar like the other icons here. Also, I have installed another Add-On called Translator and I am facing the same problem with that as well. In its case it doesn't even show up in 'Additional Tools and Features' or anywhere else for that matter.
try disable OneTab and restart FF, then enable it and restart. If it didn't work try disabling all add-ons, restart and only enable OneTab.
If it worked, enable the others one by one. Maybe you find what add-on that's blocking.
Still not working. It is still the same even after I removed OneTab and installed it again. Also, I removed Firfox and re-installed it and that's not helping as well.
Okulungisiwe ngu DOODAD
I seen that happen with a few extension buttons, but the icon always appeared when the button was moved out of 'Additional Tools and Features'.
Does the icon appear when you move that "button" from 'Additional Tools and Features' to a Toolbar or in the the Menu Panel?
Not in this case. I am unable to drag and drop this to the top bar like the other icons there. I have installed another Add-On called Translator which in fact doesn't even show up in 'Additional Tools and Features'.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Seems like the conversation has hit a dead-end! Any suggestions on how one can escalate this issue?
I assume you have read this page http://www.one-tab.com/help
what happens if you click inside a webpage?
The icon/button for OneTab automatically appeared for me upon installation exactly where it shows here: http://www.one-tab.com/help
Could it be some anti-hijacking protection that is stopping Onetab to alter your bar?
Thanks a lot again for the suggestions.
I did go through the OneTab Help page and the following options are available to access/disply OneTab.
1. The icon on the Toolbar (In my case this neither shows nor lets me add it from the List)
2. The OneTab right click menu (In my case, there is no Onetab menu in the default Right Click menu)
3. Keyboard Shortcut - Alt + Shift + 1 (This doesn’t work as well)
I had written to the OneTab team (Onetab.com/feedback) twice and am yet to receive a reply from them. In the ‘Add-Ons’ page, I have now removed all other extensions and OneTab is showing as enabled.
It could be a setting that is preventing OneTab to alter the Toolbars as Gnospen is suggesting and this point brings to my notice an update on the OneTab Info (in the ‘Add-Ons’ page) that was added in Nov 2014:
A small minority of people are seeing a blank page instead of their OneTab tabs. This does *not* mean that you have lost them. They are still stored in Firefox, but something is preventing the OneTab extension from loading properly. Please try going to the Add-Ons menu option in Firefox and temporarily disabling all add-ons except OneTab and then restarting Firefox. This should allow OneTab to load normally. We are also looking into an alternate solution for those this does not work for.
Just for the record, I have already tried the following:
• Disabled all other extensions but Onetab and restarted Firefox. • Removed all other extensions but OneTab and and restarted Firefox. • Removed all extensions including OneTab and re-installed just OneTab after restarting Firefox. • I removed Firfox and re-installed it and re-installed just OneTab.
Hey All, it really can't be that there is no solution for this right? Asking again, is there a way to escalate this?
in my virus protection there is homepage protection, purpose is to stop hijacking of my search engine and home-page.
Thats why an overprotecting antivirus software could eventually stop changes to toolbar from for example one-tab.
Sounds that yo have a theme that isn't compatible with the OneTab extension.
Does it work with the default theme?