Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

So youtube html5 vidoes don't show resolutions over 720p anymore for some reason, even though yesterday i could watch 1080p 60fps just fine. Anyone know why?

  • 1 baphendule
  • 22 zinale nkinga
  • 1862 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu philipp

more options

Title pretty mutch sums it up. At youtube's html5 page Media source extensions and MSE & H.264 are not checked even though they were prior to this day(or atleast one of them was. My short term memory sucks). Now its back to having only 360p and 720p as the aviable resolutions. So i tried to search if mozilla changed something in the latest 36 beta 8 patch (which updated for me today), but didn't find anything. I Also tried to install 36 beta 7 but it didnt have any effect on the problem. So is the problem at Mozilla side (they changed something that i dont know?), or is just me? It all just seems so weird to me...

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

hello Keula, MSE was disabled again in firefox 36 beta 7 since it caused widespread stability issues (bug 1129039).

if you didn't have any problems in this regard, you can manually reenable it: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named media.mediasource.enabled, double-click it and change its value to true.

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 15

All Replies (1)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

hello Keula, MSE was disabled again in firefox 36 beta 7 since it caused widespread stability issues (bug 1129039).

if you didn't have any problems in this regard, you can manually reenable it: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named media.mediasource.enabled, double-click it and change its value to true.