Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Cant start in safe mode. Cant remove Firefox it bounces out of trash. Its been attacked. Help
I got into trouble after being fooled ito believing I needed to update Flash Player. Sorted that eventually but found I had an invasion of adware.. Seemed to have got rid of most of that but have reason to suppose there is something lingering in Firefox. Decided to uninstall and bring in a clean version by later installing/ . Now fingdthat I cannot remove Firefox, it jumps out of the trash. I use help and went to restart with add ons disabled. The moment I pressed the safe restart button I was taken back to the first help page so someone or something does not want me to dump the current installed Firefox. The only solution I can think of is to reinstall OSX by restart and cmd +R. As I am on wi fi that meand findind canle and going eathernet aas on restart the wifi cuts off. Any help will be appreciated. Have iMAc 2.5GHz Intel core i5 Firefox 35 0 1 Using google, sometimes Yahoo OSX10.9.5 Maverick
All Replies (2)
Hello, Try a clean reinstall, Firefox should not be jumping out of the trash. Empty the trash to make sure that its no longer in the trash folder.
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from mozilla.org (or choose the download for your operating system and language from this page) and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (or open the Firefox menu and click the close button ).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING: Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!
Hello, try hold down the option button while trying to delete the Trash.
see also : http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/trash.html