error playing some videos "no video with supported mime type found"
after upgrading to version 35 i get error playing some videos "no video with supported mime type found" video type mp4
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Google Update
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Do you have OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. installed in about:plugins ?
To reset the mimetypes you can try to change the mimetype that cannot be found with these instructions:
Okulungisiwe ngu guigs
This means that the HTML5 media player is used, but your computer doesn't have support for the various media files that are available. This may be a missing codec or basic MP4 support.
You can open the Web Console (Firefox/Tools > Web Developer) for error messages.
See also Windows Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of all Windows 8 editions in case you use such a Windows version: