Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I am getting a bar through a page. It only happens with FF. I have reset FF and it's still there. I have a screen shot of the bar.
I have a screen shot of the bar through a page, just unsure how to add it to this.
All Replies (8)
Here's a couple screen shots.
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:
- In Firefox 29.0 and above, click the menu button , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
- In previous Firefox versions, click on the Firefox button at the top left of the Firefox window and click on Help (or click on Help in the Menu bar, if you don't have a Firefox button) then click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help others with the same problem.
I'll give that a try!
Okay! It doesn't show in safe mode. I am on the default theme, all extensions and plugins are disabled, FF has been reset, and it's still there. Also, the hardware acceleration had no effect.
Went the HP and checked for updates as the computer had been restored. Downloaded and installed the graphics and chipset updates. Still have the bar.
Is the 33.1.1 version 64 bit?
Firefox versions for Windows are always 32 bit versions.
Did you try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox?
cor-el, thanks for the bit info. Hardware acceleration had no effect on it. I will try some other things more in depth over the Holiday!