Connectivity failure after approx. 10 mins
2 weeks ago I suffered a power cut while browsing on my desktop (Windows7). Since then, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox a number of times, and initially, everything works fine, but after 10 mins or so, I am always disconnected from my server (in Outlook Express as well). I have contacted my ISP, who have confirmed there is no issue at their end (and, sure enough, I can connect using my tablet and smart 'phone. I have cleared all caches, several times, and, on one occasion, managed to lose all restore points, before managing a reboot, using my 'reserve' browser, IE9-more by luck than judgement. I am currently using Google Chrome, which works fine, but I don't like it!.. What is going wrong?.. I can no longer restore to a point prior to the power strike, and cannot find a link to download an older version of Firefox, but Google Chrome is driving me nuts!..
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
More information about reinstalling Firefox can be found here.
WARNING:Do not use a third party uninstaller as part of this process. Doing so could permanently delete your Firefox profile data, including but not limited to, extensions, cache, cookies, bookmarks, personal settings and saved passwords. These cannot be easily recovered unless they have been backed up to an external device! See Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles.
Please report back to say if this helped you!