Preview page fails to load on socail media forums
I have been an ardent supporter and user of Firefox for a very long time but over the last few weeks I have found that when I go onto a couple of Social Media Forums and reply to a number of 'Topics', the 'Preview' facility will not load up and just sits there with the message 'Fetching preview' but nowt happens!
I can go and have breakfast, lunch & evening meal and the 'Preview' is still being 'fetched' which is weird as well as frustrating.
Dare I say it.....I don't get this 'problem' when using Google Chrome.
While before anyone asks..... I did run the Firefox Update which interestingly told me I was going from 33.0.3 to 33.0.2!
Any help or solution would be really appreciated please.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1997
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Click the menu button , choose History, and then Clear Recent History....
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Hope this helps!
Curtis Parfitt-Ford Mozilla Support
Hey there back!
Sorry to advise but your points 1 through 5 are taken care of every time I come off the Internet with a software tool that does all that and more, which I forgot to mention in my initial question posting.